A blender is one of those “must-have” items for every kitchen. But, finding one that provides the speed, power and capacity you need can be a challenge. And with the sheer number of choices available, you may be indecisive on a blender that will suit your needs.
These days, you can find blenders that act as comprehensive appliances, actually taking the place of many other basic kitchen appliances. One such blender is the Blendtec HP3A Total Blender. The Blendtec Total Blender is highly rated, so we decided to take a look and see if its performance lives up to its claims.
Read the rest of the “Blendtec Total Blender” review:
The Total Blender is a commercial-quality, traditional countertop blender. It consists of a power base, which supports a 64-oz jar with a 2-prong stainless-steel blade at the bottom.
The blender is touted as a comprehensive kitchen appliance. With it you can make smoothies, milkshakes, ice cream, margaritas, bread, soup, cappuccinos, sauces, salsa, dressings, fruit juice, grated cheese, and bread crumbs. This blender is so powerful that it can even turn ice cubes into snow!
If you have a small kitchen or are simply looking to downsize, this blender would be a good purchase because of its versatility.
How It Works
When you want to make something, you simply press the button on the digital touchpad and the preprogrammed cycle will go to work. It speeds up and slows down at just the right pace, so it draws ingredients into the blade and blends them efficiently. The blender has an automatic shutoff, which senses when the mixture is thoroughly combined and then turns off at the end of a cycle.
The Total Blender has six different programmable cycles:
- Ice Crush/Milkshake
- Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt
This blender boasts the ability to blend just about anything, and that generally seems to be true. One reviewer boasted that he was able to blend a whole avocado including the pit, and the Total Blender handled it with no problem. The result was a very smooth texture.
This blender is ideal for people who want the health benefits of juicing but would rather blend the whole fruit and vegetable so as to benefit from the fiber. Plus, it comes with a recipe book containing over 100 recipes to try in the blender.
- Design – One of the biggest draws to this blender is that it has a square shape which makes loading food and cleanup a breeze. Measuring at 7 x 8 x 15.5 inches, it is compact enough to fit on most countertops, even fitting underneath overhanging cabinets. This is good, because at 11 pounds, you may find it too heavy to store away in a cabinet on a regular basis.
- Capacity – The blender holds 64 ounces, and the jar is BPA free, has a large handle, and a secure fitting lid. There are measurement markings on the jar that are easily readable. The Total Blender is also compatible with other size jars, and there is a 3-quart Blendtec jar for sale as an additional accessory if you so choose.
- Power – The higher the wattage, the more powerful the blender. In this area, the Blendtec is a 800-pound gorilla with its 3 horsepower motor that runs at 1560 watts.
- Speed – The Total Blender’s 2-prong blade spins at 29,000 rpm, thoroughly blending ingredients so recipes turn out perfect every time.
This Blendtec Blender features a very comprehensive warranty. There is a three (3) year warranty on the motor base, a one (1) year warranty on the jar, and a lifetime warranty on the blade and coupling.
“Seriously the best blender I have ever used!…(read more here: Total Blender Reviews)”
“This is a life-changing addition to my kitchen…(read more here: Total Blender Reviews)”
“The Blendtec is worth every penny!…(read more here: Total Blender Reviews)”
One of the biggest complaints with this blender is that is loud. Some reviewers find the noise to be abrasive, while others say it is no louder than any other blender. Clearly user preference will vary with regard to this matter.
Amazon Rating: 4.5
Pros & Cons
- Square pitcher for easy loading and pouring.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Powerful motor with excellent ice-crushing ability.
- Durable design that fits well under kitchen cabinets.
- Preprogrammed cycles.
- A bit on the expensive side.
- Extremely loud.
Check current pricing discounts:
[jwplayer config=”PostPlayer” file=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCeTNkewH14″]