A popular salad combination in the spring and early summer, the New Potato and Green Bean Salad is an ideal dish for any occasion.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds organic red potatoes, skinned
- 12 ounces organic green beans
- 1 small organic red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh organic basil
To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to taste in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To prepare the salad, in a steamer over simmering water, steam the potatoes until tender. Cool and cut into quarters. Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water to cool. Cut the beans in half. Combine the green beans, potatoes, onion, and basil in a large bowl. Add the dressing to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.