When most people think of snacks, they think of indulging in food’s guilty pleasures. Whether your choice is something salty or sweet, more often than not, it’s not the healthiest choice around.
Fortunately, there are a host of easy healthy snacks that not only satisfy your cravings but supply important nutrients, keep you satisfied between meals, boost your energy and lift your mood (without a sudden crash later on). One such snack is rosemary roasted almonds. This simple and salty treat will be a welcome addition to any healthy eating plan and do wonders for your figure!
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) bag whole almonds (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Arrange nut mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool to room temperature.
This recipe should yield you about two cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (about two tablespoons):
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 9.9g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 94mg
- Calcium: 45mg
Ivy Manning, Cooking Light