If you like corn, you’ll enjoy this quick corn soup topped with cilantro. It should definitely make a welcome addition to any meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 6 large ears of corn (approximately 4 cups of kernels)
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 7 or 8 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Heat a large stockpot over medium-low heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, and the cayenne, if desired. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are softened. Raise the heat to high, add the corn kernels, Bragg’s, and stock, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and cook, partially covered, for 25 minutes. Transfer half of the solids to a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade and puree. Return the puree to the soup and stir. Garnish each serving with fresh cilantro.