Broccoli is one of the healthiest veggies you can eat. Ounce for ounce, broccoli has more Vitamin C than an orange and as much calcium as a glass of milk. Broccoli also contains fiber and is a rich source of vitamin A. In addition to its nutrients, broccoli is known for its cancer-fighting components.
There are many ways to fix broccoli. This one combines the health benefits of broccoli and garlic, plus a great taste.
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 large organic head of broccoli (about 1 ½ pounds), steam peeled and sliced 1 ½” thick and florets separated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 organic garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
In a large pot over high heat, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the salt. Add the broccoli and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp – tender. Drain and immediately plunge the broccoli into a bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
In a wide, heavy saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute, or until pale gold. Do not let the garlic brown. Stir in the red pepper flakes, cooked broccoli, and Bragg’s. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.