My first taste of grilled tuna was absolutely wonderful. Fresh tuna has a rich-flavored flesh and tastes nothing like the canned variety. Below is one of my favorite tuna recipes that is easy to prepare.
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 4 8-oz tuna steaks
- Salt to taste
- Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and scallion together.
- Place tuna steaks in a glass or ceramic dish. Russia both sides of the tuna with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and place on hot grill. Cover over a medium hot fire. Cook 10 minutes for every inch of thickness, turning once. Check with knife in the middle of that fish is cooked through.
All Fresh Seafood is a great place to order fresh tuna: Save 20% Off All Sales. Use Coupon Code AFS20 at Check Out.